Women of the Bible is a bestselling devotional study focused on fifty-two remarkable women in Scripture. As you learn more about these incredible women, their everyday joys, and their struggles to live with faith and courage, you'll see that their stories aren't far from our own.
This updated and expanded year-long devotional, now with over one million copies sold, invites you to take a closer look at the lives of fifty-two prominent--and not-so-prominent--women of Scripture, offering a fresh perspective on the story of salvation. From Eve to the Proverbs 31 woman, you'll have a chance to see the women of the Bible in a brand new light.
Authors Ann Spangler and Jean E. Syswerda dive into the lives of fifty-two women of the Bible, spending one week getting to know each of them better through an interactive devotional. Each week, you'll learn:
- Her story--an inspirational portrait of this character's life
- Her life and times--background information about the culture of her day
- Her legacy in Scripture--a short Bible study on her life with application to your own
- Her promise--the Bible's promises that apply to her life and yours
- Her legacy of prayer--praying in light of her story
Other special features in Women of the Bible include:
- A theme index
- A list and timeline of all the women of the Bible
- A list of women in Jesus's family tree
- A list of women in Jesus's life and ministry
Perfect for personal prayer and Bible study or for use in small groups, Women of the Bible offers a new perspective that will strengthen your personal relationship with God and will give you a deeper appreciation for the women of faith who have come before us.