In Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden you can read for yourself many of the manuscripts which were excluded from canonized Scripture and discover new appreciation for those which were chosen.
Though apocryphal in nature--many of them suppressed by the early Church Fathers--these forgotten books, gospels, testaments, and epistles are fascinating and beautifully written.
Included in this volume are:
- Apocryphal gospel accounts, such as The Gospel of the Birth of Mary, Thomas's Gospel of the Infancy of Christ, and Peter's Gospel.
- Apocryphal epistles, such as Paul's letter to the Laodiceans, Clement's letter to the Corinthians, and the general epistles of Barnabas.
- Letters from Ignatius to groups of early Christians, including the Ephesians, the Romans, and the Trallians.
- The early 2nd century Christian work, The Shepherd of Hermas.
- Roman letters and reports from Herod and Pilate.
- Fables from Old Testament times, such as The Books of Adam and Eve, The Secrets of Enoch, and the Psalms of Solomon.
- Historical accounts, including the fourth book of the Maccabees.
- and more...
Included before each book are some notes on its origins. Also included are frequent black-and-white images of etchings from early manuscripts.