Christmas and Easter, Advent and Lent, each focus on the central beliefs of Christian faith - that in the Incarnation, God comes among us, and that in the Resurrection, death is defeated and creation is renewed. In this collection of seasonal reflections, Samuel Wells unpacks the substance of these key Christian doctrines, and explores their practical implications for living as Christians in the world:
- Laid in a Manger: Reflections on the Nativity
- The Word was Made Flesh: Reflections on Christmas
- The Image of the Invisible God: Reflections on the Incarnation
- Early on the First Day of the Week: Reflections on Easter Morning
- I have Seen the Lord: Reflections on the Risen Christ
An ideal resource for leading seasonal services or preaching at key festivals, this collection will keep giving from Advent Sunday to Easter Day.