All churches have had to learn to do things differently during closure due to the coronavirus pandemic. None has been more imaginative or inventive than London's St Martin in the Fields. Through its HeartEdge programmes, it has continued many aspects of its ministry, and developed significant new initiatives and is now a virtual college with an impressively varied programme for practitioners.
Here the St Martin's team reflects theologically and share its newly found pastoral and practical wisdom in many areas:
- Finding God in Lockdown
- Meeting God and One Another Online
- Rediscovering Contemplative Prayer
- Facing Grief amidst Separation
- Preaching at Such a Time as This
- Singing the Lord's Song in a Strange Time
- Hearing Scripture Together in Difficult Times
- Praying through Crisis
- Creating a Community of Practitioners
- Finding Faith at Home
- Conclusion: A Strategy for Transformation
The Contributors are all on the staff at St Martin's and key figures in HeartEdge: Sam Wells, Richard Carter, Sally Hitchiner, Jonathan Evens and Andrew Earis.