Understand Foundations of the Christian Church through These Historic Statements of Faith
For centuries, followers of Jesus have used creeds and confessions to express their Christian beliefs. Summarizing key truths from Scripture into succinct statements, these words have shaped the church for generations and continue to teach and inspire believers today.
Creeds, Confessions, and Catechisms gathers 13 of Christian history's most important documents--including the Apostles' Creed, the Belgic Confession, and the Heidelberg Catechism--into one beautiful collection. Each text includes an introduction from editor Chad Van Dixhoorn that explains its origins and significance to the early church. By learning and revisiting these timeless confessions of faith, readers can grow spiritually and learn more about Christian history.
- Great Resource for Daily Reading and Study: Includes early church creeds and major Protestant statements, historical context from editor Chad Van Dixhoorn, and a Scripture index
- Accessible: Useful for pastors and laypeople, seminary students, church groups, or anyone seeking to learn about the foundations of Christianity
- 13 Christian Creeds and Confessions: Includes The Apostles' Creed, The Nicene Creed, The Athanasian Creed, The Chalcedonian Definition, The Augsburg Confession, The Belgic Confession, The Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion, The Canons of Dort, The Westminster Confession of Faith, The London Baptist Confession, The Heidelberg Catechism, The Westminster Larger Catechism, and The Westminster Shorter Catechism
- Beautiful Layout: Features a premium cloth-over-board cover with elegant foil stamping, Smyth-sewn binding, and a 2-color interior on premium, cream-colored paper
- Adapted from the ESV Bible with Creeds and Confessions