skip to Main Navigation
skip to Main Content
skip to Footer
Created with Sketch.
FREE SHIPPING Every Day With Purchases Of $50 Or More Of Eligible Items. Online Orders Only.
Click Here To Search
Help / Contact
Find A Consultant
Login / Signup
Create an Account
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Sign In / Create Account
Love & Marriage
UM Music & Worship Resources
New Revised Standard Version
Common English Bible
New International Version
English Standard Version
King James Version
New King James Version
New Living Translation
Disciple Bible Studies
Church Growth & Outreach
Family & Relationships
Studies for Women
Studies for Men
Prayer & Devotion
Social Issues & Community
United Methodist & Wesleyan
Attendance & Visitor Supplies
Banners & Flags
Bulletins & Stationery
Choir Robes & Supplies
Church Planners & Calendars
Cleaning & Safety Supplies
Electronics & Software
Handbells & Chimes
Music & Worship Resources
UM Official Resources
Boxed Cards & Stationery
Journals & Blank Books
Toys & Games
Accounting & Credit Services
The Essential Book of Funeral Resources
This comprehensive volume is a must-have resource for every pastor. It contains over 100 sample sermons from preachers across the denominational spectrum, plus a vast array of prayers, scripture readings, and other material for planning and conducting meaningful funeral services.
The sermons cover a wide range of topics, including:
* honoring the long and fruitful lives of faithful Christians
* comforting the families and friends of children who left this world too soon
* dealing with troubling questions about God raised by those who have suffered
* offering solace to the loved ones of those who have died suddenly and unexpectedly
* demonstrating how the image of God is present even in difficult and unsavory people
* celebrating a variety of distinctive "characters"
* addressing the difficult issues associated with those who have committed suicide
* witnessing the Christian message of salvation to the unchurched
is also packed with other valuable resources:
* children's messages that help young people grasp the meaning of death
* prayers and other liturgical material, including calls to worship and responsive scripture readings
* an extensive selection of scripture texts, each with brief "sermon starter" ideas
* lists of appropriate musical repertoire, including hymns, choral music, instrumental music, and music for soloists
With all this in one volume,
provides a complete set of practical tools for making funerals powerfully effective moments of ministry that reaffirm the central Christian message of Jesus Christ's victory over death.
Eligible For Free Shipping
Want it in two business days? Order by 5/17/2022 2:00:00 PM and choose Overnight shipping at checkout.
Ships from a Cokesbury Connect Partner.
CSS Pub Co
Language of Text:
Shipping & Returns
This item is available for return.
Cokesbury uses a variety of methods for ground shipping. At your request, we can also expedite order shipments for an additional charge. Cokesbury partners with UPS for these expedited deliveries.