Combining the two most popular word study tools into one manageable volume, this multi-purpose Bible language reference contains all the essentials you need to study the biblical text without having to know Hebrew or Greek. Provides definition, explanation, and concordance entries.
In a manageable size and readable text, this book is neatly split in its two components:
The New Strong's Concise Concordance:
- Built from The New Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible.
- Groups together variant spellings of proper names, allowing the concordance to be used with all modern translations--not just the King James.
- Eliminates some common words that are not likely to be used in searching for a particular passage.
- Condenses some heavily used words by attaching to them the most important passages, enabling the user to quickly find specific verses.
Vine's Concise Dictionary of the Bible:
- A condensed combination of W. E. Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words and Nelson's Expository Dictionary of the Old Testament.
- Organized alphabetically by English words that represent the key vocabulary of biblical theology.
- Includes many other terms of interpretive importance that may be rich in cultural significance or otherwise obscure to modern readers.
- Each article contains the part of speech, the transliteration, the Strong's number for easy cross-indexing, and a concise and expository definition of the word or term.
Dependable information in a clear presentation, this Concise edition of two classic Bible study resources is designed to better serve the needs of the standard user--from those in or preparing for ministry, to anyone interested in getting to know Scripture better.