In the midst of a storm, it's easy to feel lonely, exhausted, distracted, fearful, and helpless. When you're overwhelmed by feelings of hopelessness and despair, you may even feel like God has forgotten you. Like the disciples in the boat in the midst of a tempest, panic ensues when your eyes are fixed on the storm instead of on Jesus.
In Help, I'm Drowning
, bestselling author and podcaster Sally Clarkson encourages you to find your anchors for life's storms. Sally will encourage you to
- combat loneliness with intentional engagement and community
- take care of your physical body to improve your spiritual, mental, and emotional health
- find healing and forgiveness for regrets, conflict, and broken expectations
- cultivate a level of contentment and thanksgiving for the life you have
- embrace God's strength as the determiner of your battles
Our ultimate goal is to live by faith in the reality of his way, his truth, and his presence. The disciples were indeed in a storm, but they were not alone in the boat; Jesus was there and stilled the storm when called upon. Trusting ourselves to the God who never leaves us is key to finding rest in the heart of God in the midst of life's storms.