Love should draw us together, not tear us apart.
Is it unloving or selfish to set a boundary? And what does the Bible instruct us to do when a relationship is no longer safe or sustainable? Lysa TerKeurst has asked these hard questions in the midst of her own relational struggles.
But after thousands of hours of counseling intensives and theological research, Lysa has discovered that good boundaries pave the road for the truest version of love to emerge within the relationships that make up so much of who we are and what we want the most.
Building upon and further unpacking the scriptural concepts in Good Boundaries and Goodbyes, this six-session Bible study with Lysa will equip you to:
- Determine the appropriate amount of personal and emotional access someone has to you.
- Stop being misled and emotionally paralyzed by wrongly interpreted or weaponized Scriptures.
- Overcome the frustrating cycle of ineffective boundary-setting with biblical principles and practical strategies to help you communicate, keep, and implement healthier patterns.
- Be equipped to say goodbye when a relationship has shifted from difficult to destructive by studying three types of goodbyes found in God's Word.
- Receive therapeutic and theological wisdom you can trust directly from Lysa's Christian counselor, Jim Cress, and Proverbs 31 Ministries' Director of Theology, Dr. Joel Muddamalle.
This study guide includes:
- Individual access to six streaming video sessions
- A guide to best practices for leading a group
- Video notes and a comprehensive structure for group discussion time
- Personal study for deeper reflection between sessions
Sessions and video run times:
- Boundaries Aren't Just a Good Idea, They're a God Idea (22:00)
- A Relationship Can Only Be as Healthy as the People in It (28:00)
- Maybe We've Been Looking at Walls All Wrong (20:30)
- Old Patterns, New Practices (21:30)
- People in the Bible Who Had to Say Hard Goodbyes (30:30)
- You're Going to Make It (26:00)
This study guide has everything you need for a full Bible study experience, including:
- The study guide itself--with discussion and reflection questions, video notes, and a leader's guide.
- An individual access code to stream all video sessions online. (You don't need to buy a DVD!)
Streaming video access code included. Access code subject to expiration after 12/31/2027. Code may be redeemed only by the recipient of this package. Code may not be transferred or sold separately from this package. Internet connection required. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Additional offer details inside.