"Take time and trouble to keep yourself spiritually fit." -- 1 Tim. 4:7, J. B. Phillips Translation
As J. Oswald Sanders points out, true discipleship is more than intellectual assent to a belief in Christ; it involves the whole person and lifestyle.
This book will help you embody that truth. It examines Jesus' teaching on what it means to follow Him, helping you become the kind of Christian Jesus wants you to be--not one devised by man or even other Christians. You'll learn:
- The profile of an ideal disciple
- Conditions for discipleship
- The tests that disciples endure
- How disciples pray and grow
- The posture and practices of a disciple
For anyone who wants to be not just a believer in Christ, but an imitator of Him, this book is a treasured resource.