Mark told it like it was so you could see Jesus as He is.
Each Gospel, or biography of Jesus, is unique. Likely penned first, Mark's fast-paced narrative takes you into the action and gets to the point. With the verse-by-verse insights in The Smart Guide to the Bible: The Book of Mark, you'll experience the unparalleled power of Jesus and be inspired to live with greater authenticity and purpose.
The Smart Guide to the Bible is a series of simplified commentaries designed to uncomplicate God's word for everyday Bible readers. Every page contains handy features or learning aids like these:
- cross-references to other Scriptures
- brief commentaries from experts
- points to ponder
- the big picture of how passages fit with the entire Bible
- practical tips for applying biblical truths to life
- simple definitions of key words and concepts
- interesting maps, charts, and illustrations
- wrap-ups of each biblical passage
- study questions
Whether you're new to the Bible, a long-time student of Scripture, or somewhere in between, you'll appreciate the many ways The Smart Guide to the Bible: The Book of Mark goes far beyond your typical Bible study tool. The practical, relevant helps on each page lead you to get the most out of God's word.