Jesus communicated deep spiritual truths through simple, vivid, and engaging stories. Woven from the stuff of everyday life, the parables of Jesus made the kingdom of God understandable and accessible to his listeners. In six engaging, interactive small group sessions, this Deeper Connections DVD will give you new insights into his parables and their meanings that will help you to appreciate more fully their relevance for your own life.
With maps and pictures, outlines, key Scripture verses, discussion questions, plenty of room for note taking, and a personal five-day Bible study for each session, the participant's guide will help you get the most out of The Parables of Jesus, both in your group and in applying what you learn to your life.
Six 30-40 Minute Sessions and Their Authors Include:
1. Dr. Michael Wilkins on Weeds, Mustard Seed, Yeast (Matt. 13:24-33)
2. Dr. Gary Burge on Two Debtors (Luke 7:36-50)
3. Dr. Ben Witherington on The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
4. Dr. David Garland on Treasure and Pearls (Matt. 13:44-46)
5. Dr. Matt Williams on The Wedding Banquet (Matt. 22:1-14)
6. Dr. Mark Strauss on Sheep and Goats (Matt. 25:31-46)