Plan to Protect (TM)
A protection plan for children and youth;
A protection plan for those who work with them.
Plan to Protect (TM) is not about what we need to do to run programs and activities, and it is not about placing a hardship on your staff and volunteers. Abuse prevention and protection of children and young people is not something we have to do, but something we have the privilege of doing. It is a privilege to create a safe environment in order to have our communities trust us with their family members.
As you implement Plan to Protect (TM) your efforts are a ministry in itself to:
- protect children
- protect young people
- demonstrate your care for your staff and volunteers
- demonstrate care to parents and family members
- empower and nurture the healing of victim-survivors
- demonstrate grace, restoration and welcome to the offender that comes into your church
- demonstrate accountability and integrity and
- bring Glory to God
"Children are among society's most vulnerable members, and child-serving organizations must make the protection of children a key concern. World Vision believes child protection standards are an essential tool to help safeguard children from exploitation and abuse. Then, once the standards are on paper, they must be enforced and there must be a commitment to continually examine efforts to reduce risks to children, and to heighten awareness of child protection in the community and home. Plan to Protect (TM) is a valuable tool to aid in the process."
- Dave Toycen, President, World Vision Canada, Mississauga, Canada
"I'm grateful to recommend this resource, carefully created by Plan to Protect (TM). Here you will find the information and wisdom needed to not only protect children, but to help each church become a beautiful place of healing and redemption."
- Mary DeMuth, Author of 31 books including Not Marked: Finding Hope and Healing After Sexual Abuse
"Plan to Protect (TM) is a resource program and tool kit that is critical and strategic for the times in which we live. It takes complex issues of child protection and makes resources accessible and affordable and its comprehensive frameworks helps small and large organizations alike. I highly recommend them."
- Dr. Gary V. Nelson, President and Vice Chancellor, Tyndale University College and Seminary, Toronto, Ontario
"Having devoted the majority of my career to managing and insuring the risks of religious and secular nonprofits, I know well the pitfalls of having inadequate protection for their most vulnerable constituents. Plan to Protectt (TM) provides a cost-effective, comprehensive, turnkey risk management solution that can be easily adapted to the specific needs of any religious entity -- from the parish church to a denominational headquarters. I know of no other resource providing this depth and quality of actionable, hands-on content approaching this price point, and I commend Plan to Protect (TM) to any institution seeking to fortify its youth risk management programming."
- Scott R. Konrad, Senior Vice President, Willis of New York, Inc.