Daily Devotions for Die-Hard Fans: West Virginia Mountaineers combines the great passion of the Mountaineer fan with the grand passion of the fan of Christ into one set of devotions. The result is a book that is fun while it provides a time of reflection about God and your faith.
- Wendell Smallwood played football out of desperation.
- Growing up, WVU's Ginny Thrasher had dreams of being an Olympic champion. She just had the wrong sport.
- David Sills V received his first college football scholarship offer at a rather tender young age. He was 13.
- Determined to leave the university, freshman Jerry West set off to hop a freight train and go home.
- West Virginia once played in a bowl game with end zones that were only eight yards deep.
These stories and more are recounted here. Also appearing are Geno Smith, Pat White, Dana Holgorsen, Hot Rod Hundley, Major Harris, Will Grier, and many others. Their stories - along with legendary games, improbable victories, and historical events - are told with a twist: They are all tied to God's story.
Have fun! Have faith! Hail West Virginia! Go God!