Going on a short-term missions trip can be a life- and faith-transforming experience. It can enrich the way you view the world. It will cause you to rely on God more fully. It is an opportunity to develop deep relationships with your team and the people you serve. A short-term missions experience can also involve weeks of physical and spiritual distress. An unprepared team can wreak havoc on each other and the people they intend to serve. To get the most out of such a missions trip, you need to go prepared.
Whether you are going on your own or with a team, the keys to preparation are here in Tim Dearborn's workbook. It includes:
- Concise summary of crosscultural principles
- Help in facing spiritual warfare
- Tips on avoiding a tourist mentality
- Spiritual preparation through individual or group
- Bible study 8-week course for teams to do together
You'll get a biblical perspective on the world, gain crosscultural understanding and even prepare for re-entry when you return. If you are planning to go on a short-term missions trip, don't leave home without working through this book