Theology done in today's context is strikingly different from past evangelical approaches. In this new project John Franke, writing with our postmodern world in mind, reflects these directions. He offers an introduction to theology that covers the usual territory, but does so attuned to today's ecclesial and cultural context.
In contradistinction to more traditional works, Franke:
- critiques traditional evangelical theological conceptions
- emphasizes the "local" nature of theology
- engages the postmodern context
- contrasts conservative and postconservative approaches
- interacts with the broader faith community
Sure to provoke intense discussion, The Character of Theology will help Christians to be faithful in a world in which the spiritual and intellectual landscape is ever changing.