Quickly Find and Understand Key Theological Terms
Christianity is a faith built upon the Word and understood through words, both written and spoken, handed down for centuries. But many of the terms used in both the Scriptures and theological writings are unfamiliar or misunderstood. For the Christian desiring a more clear and robust understanding of these terms, this book offers concise definitions of six hundred of the most significant words at the heart of the Christian faith, including terms related to:
- doctrine (e.g., the atonement, the church)
- biblical concepts (e.g., Messiah, Son of Man)
- church practices (e.g., anointing of the sick, immersion)
- philosophical concepts (e.g., "a priori," compatibilism)
- people (e.g., Thomas Aquinas, John Wesley)
- councils (e.g., Councils of Nicea I and II, Council of Trent)
- movements (e.g., Protestantism, Pentecostalism)
- documents (e.g., the Chalcedonian Creed, Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy)
- and more
Students of the Bible, college and seminary students, and anyone who desires to deepen their understanding of the Christian faith will find this an indispensable resource.
The dictionary also includes an appendix listing the French, German, and Korean translations of approximately three hundred theological terms.