She thought he was arrogant. He thought her walls would never come down. Then they fell in love.
Forever walking the line between passion and conflict, Laurel and Gavin's relationship ended in divorce after years of miscommunication and unmet expectations. Now pursuing their own separate lives and careers, the two are content . . . though not completely happy.
When their best friends, Mike and Mallory, are killed in a plane crash, Laurel and Gavin are stunned to learn they've been named guardians of their friends' young daughter, Emma. Putting their differences aside, the estranged couple search for a suitable guardian as they care for Emma and manage Mike and Mallory's apple orchard.
Soon tempers flare--as does the passion they both remember so well. And Laurel and Gavin find themselves working through their past--their mistakes, their miscommunications, and ultimately the tragedy that ended their marriage.
Will the seeds of love, still growing inside them, thrive and flourish? Or will grief and regret strangle the feelings before they can fully blossom?
- "A beautiful tale of second chances, self-sacrifice, and renewed romance." --Pepper Basham, author of The Heart of the Mountains and Authentically, Izzy
- Sweet and thoughtful contemporary read
- Book 1: Riverbend Gap; Book 2: Mulberry Hollow; Book 3: Harvest Moon
- Book length: approximately 80,000 words
- Includes discussion questions for book clubs