Amy Parham, a former fat girl who became a fit girl after losing more than 100 pounds, learned what it takes to stay fit inside and out. In 10 Lessons from a Former Fat Girl, she offers nuggets of insight for changing not only the fat-girl body but also the fat-girl mentality. Focusing on the mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of our relationship with food and exercise, Amy shows how readers can make this a healthy partnership that brings permanent change. Amy speaks from experience as she
- identifies with the reader struggling with a food addiction
- describes emotional pitfalls that serve as triggers for overeating
- explores the mental and emotional benefits of regular exercise
- illustrates how and why fitness must be a lifelong pursuit
- demonstrates how to transform our minds as well as our bodies
The result is a practical, proven plan that will help any reader reprogram the fat-girl mentality into fit-girl reality.