Gold Winner, 2013 Foreword Reviews IndieFab Book of the Year Awards, Family & Relationships Category
A practical, accessible, and comprehensive guide to the legal, financial, emotional and daily living challenges of caring for aging parents while raising your own family.
If you are caring for an elderly loved one while raising a child, you may feel overwhelmed and unprepared. The Sandwich Generation√as Guide to Eldercare, written by three experts with extensive professional and personal experience with eldercare, provides the information and resources you need to make important decisions, balance your responsibilities, and ensure your elders well-being as well as your own.
It includes how to:
- Create a good eldercare plan and the key financial, healthcare, and legal documents you should have executed
- Choose the right level of care and ease the transition, including how to avoid the most common mistakes people make in this process
- Find the best ways to help elderly loved ones maintain their independence and dignity
- Navigate the maze of government agencies and benefits
- Involve other family members while minimizing tension or conflict
- Prevent caregiver burnout and deal with the strain on family life, children, and relationships
With useful checklists, worksheets, step-by-step action plans, lists of questions to ask, and a robust resources section, you'll have everything you need to care for your family.