A fresh, modern translation of key works of the apostolic fathers.
The "Apostolic Fathers" wrote what has become some of the most important literature in the early church--letters and epistolary documents, homilies and theological tracts, documents on church order, and apocalyptic literature. In fact, some texts came close to inclusion in the New Testament canon. These translations by Rick Brannan are perfect for use by students, scholars, and everyday Christians interested in these treasures of the early church.
Lexham Classics are beautifully typeset new editions of classic works. Each book has been carefully transcribed or translated from the original texts, ensuring an accurate representation of the writing as the author intended it to be read.
This volume includes:
- The First Letter of Clement to the Corinthians
- The Second Letter of Clement to the Corinthians
- Ignatius to the Ephesians
- Ignatius to the Magnesians
- Ignatius to the Trallians
- Ignatius to the Romans
- Ignatius to the Philadelphians
- Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans
- Ignatius to Polycarp
- Polycarp to the Philippians
- The Didache (The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles)
- Epistle of Barnabas
- The Shepherd of Hermas
- The Martyrdom of Saint Polycarp (by the Bishop of Smyrna)
- Epistle to Diognetus