One out of three to four women is sexually abused within her lifetime. Though we are all created to flourish and grow, sexual abuse leaves us broken, in pain, and bound by fear and anxiety. Self-blame and shame keeps the secret hidden.
But no one is too damaged to be restored. There is hope.
Kristin Clouse, a sexual abuse survivor, shares her story, and her professional experience as a licensed mental health counselor, to walk with women through the healing and restoration process. Includes study questions, moments of reflection, and creative activities. For use by individuals, counselors, or in a small group setting.
- Understand how the abuse of your past relates to your life issues today.
- Discover why your life feels chaotic, out of control, or anxiety driven.
- Learn healthy ways to address a negative thought process and shame-led thoughts.
- Develop new coping skills.
- Restore your self-image to what God designed you to be.
"I made a choice to fight for my life. I was not created to live as a victim, overflowing with pain and too damaged to do any good in this world."
"I see most of my current struggles are rooted in my history. I feel much lighter, freer, and have more joy than I used to. I'm working on finding my voice again."
--Healing for Our Soul Garden group participant