After an illness interrupted his ministry for more than two years, Andrew Murray received a miraculous restoration of health through the prayers of God's people. Divine Healing
is the classic work resulting from Murray's deep study of Scripture on this topic, and the sermons that resulted from that study. In it, he unpacks the promise of James 5, that the prayer of faith will heal the sick. He writes about the prerequisites for healing, which are repentance from sin and the sanctification of the body by fully giving it over to God. Murray addresses such questions as:
- Is it God's will to heal the sick?
- Why are some people healed while others are not?
- What role do doctors play in miraculous healing?
- Why do many Christians doubt the gifts of healing?
- Does sickness come from God or from Satan?
Andrew Murray's personal testimony and biblical teaching will serve as inspiration for readers to trust in God's healing touch in their areas of deepest need.