Jesus has called you. Called you to be different. Called you to love. Called you to restore. Equip your small group to answer the call of God on their life with this incredible 12-session DVD. The Gospel of John: Finding Identity and Purpose DVD Bible Study covers 12 passages from the book of John that will deepen your understanding of identity, calling, and God's purpose for you. Packed with leader tips, discussion questions, practical applications, and prayer points, this DVD study can be led by anyone Sessions are taught by 6 professors with specialized areas of knowledge. This includes the Participant Guide only. DVD (ISBN 9781628627879) sold separately. Complete kit also available (ISBN 9781628628296).
Designed to accompany the DVD study, The Gospel of John Participant Guide provides an outline of the video teaching with room for notes and includes photos, maps, additional information, and a five-day personal Bible study guide after each lesson. Paperback, 192 pages, 6 x 9 inches, ISBN 9781628627862.
About the 12 Session Gospel of John DVD Bible Study for Small Groups
Have you ever wondered what you were meant to do? What your purpose is? How can you answer God's call on your life? Deepen your understanding of what it means to be called by God with the events, miracles, and practical applications in the Gospel of John.
- Called to Honor: Water into Wine John 2:1-11
- Called to Belong: Temple Cleansing John 2:13-22
- Called to Believe: Nicodemus John 3:1-16
- Called to Restoration: Samaritan Woman John 4:4-26
- Called to Healing Work: Healing the Paralytic John 5:1-18
- Called to Be a Temple: If You Are Thirsty John 7:37-44
- Called to Be a Light: I Am the Light of the World John 8:12
- Called to Testify: Blind Man John 9:1-18, 35-41
- Called to Shepherd: Good Shepherd John 10:1-16
- Called to Be a Living Witness: Lazarus John 11:1-27, 34-44
- Called to Serve in Love: Last Supper John 13:1-17
- Called to Bear Fruit: I Am the True Vine John 15:1-17
Enjoy 12 New Testament Teaching Sessions from Expert Professors and Bible Scholars
Six Bible professors with specialized areas of knowledge each emphasize three areas that will deepen your experience of Jesus and the Bible:
- Historical and cultural background
- An engaging, close look at the biblical text and its meaning
- Accurate, encouraging, and challenging applications to life today
Hear truth from those who spend their life investigating the meaning of the Bible and are excited to bring the fruits of their knowledge and life experience to you.
12 Teaching Sessions Perfect for Bible Study on the Book of John
The first part of each lesson delves into the meaning of the biblical text, using first-century historical background to bring out the text's deeper meaning, which involves investigating the historical, religious, and social background of first-century Jewish culture and their Greek and Roman neighbors.
In the second part of each lesson, after making deeper connections to the biblical texts, instructors will help you and those you lead to apply the relevant lessons to your life in practical and rich ways. Life application in the church today is often shallow and many times unrelated to the real meaning of the biblical passage. In this series, the practical application derives directly from the biblical text.
This DVD Study Is Perfect For:
- Individual study
- Small groups
- Young adult Bible study
- Church congregations
- Church libraries
- And much more
About the Editor
Matt Williams, PhD, is the associate professor of New Testament at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University, La Mirada, California. A former missionary to Spain, Matt preaches and teaches at churches throughout the United States and Spain. He is general editor of Colecci n Teol gica Contempor nea, a series of theological books in Spanish, and is the author of two books on the Gospels.
Meet Your Teachers:
- Dr. Joanne Jung, Biola University, Talbot School of Theology
- Dr. Leon Harris, Biola University, Talbot School of Theology
- Dr. Sean McDowell, Biola University, Talbot School of Theology
- Dr. Mark Strauss, Bethel Seminary
- Dr. Jeremy Treat, Pastor, Reality LA, Los Angeles
- Dr. Matt Williams, Biola University, Talbot School of Theology