This Bible study examines the meaning and place of rest and
work in the Bible, providing a relevant roadmap for our everyday
lives. Workplace Christians who wonder if the Bible s Sabbath
commandments still apply to us today will find this to be a practical,
meditative, and helpful guide.
People thrive when we work and rest in a rhythm that deepens our
connection with God. Yet finding real rest can be challenging. From
the wandering Israelites who didn t trust God s provision, to workplace
Christians who wonder whether Sabbath commandments still apply
today, many ask why and how we should rest. Through biblical analysis
and real-world examples, this in-depth study of rest and work elevates
both activities to their God-given importance.
These Bible studies are part of The Bible and Your Work Study Series. Each
book contains Scripture references, thought-provoking questions, and
prayers to help you explore what the Bible says about work and apply
it to your life in positive, practical ways. The lessons in each chapter are
designed for thirty-minute lunch breaks, although they can be used in
other formats as well.
- Created to Rest: Entering into Joyful Communion with God
- Commanded to Rest: The Impact of the Fall
- Why We Can t Rest: Human Nature Revealed in the Hebrew Scriptures
- We re Still as Stubborn as Israel
- How Rest Is Restored: Jesus Redemption in the New Testament
- Is Weekly Sabbath Observance Commanded for Christians?
- How We Can Experience Deeper Rest