This edition of Decisions of the Judicial Council of The United Methodist Church includes decisions number 906 through 1098 rendered in the years 2001-2008.
What is the Judicial Council of The United Methodist Church?
The JC is an inheritance from The Methodist Church which in turn adopted the concept from the Methodist Episcopal Church South at the time of union in 1939. The council serves as the judicial arm of The United Methodist Church. Its jurisdiction is defined in the Constitution of The United Methodist Church and enlarged by General Conference legislation.
From 1939 to 1968 the Judicial Council of the former Methodist Church rendered Decision Numbers 1-255. This and other volumes of decisions are listed below. These are generally published in book format each quadrennium following The General Conference.
In the interim between the quadrennial editions the most recent decisions are included in The General Minutes. All Judicial Council Decisions can be found on the Internet at www.umc.org.
- DECISIONS JUDICIAL COUNCIL 1940-1968, 1-255, ISBN 9780687104055
- DECISIONS JUDICIAL COUNCIL 1968-1988, 301-609, ISBN 9780687104109
- DECISIONS JUDICIAL COUNCIL 1989-1992, 610-684, ISBN 9780687104116
- DECISIONS JUDICIAL COUNCIL 1993-1996, 685-798, ISBN 9780687058143
- DECISIONS JUDICIAL COUNCIL 1997-2000, 799-905, ISBN 9780687026968