Study the entire book of Mark, starting with the beginning of the Gospel and ending with the movement from darkness to light. Some of the major ideas explored are: the master teacher, the miracle worker, down from the mountain, and the last mile of the way.
More than 3.5 million copies of the series have been sold.
This revision of the Abingdon classic Genesis to Revelation series is a comprehensive, verse-by-verse, book-by-book study of the Bible based on the NIV. These studies help readers strengthen their understanding and appreciation of the Bible by enabling them to engage the Scripture on three levels:
- What does the Bible say? Questions to consider while reading the passage for each session.
- What does the passage mean? Unpacks key verses in the selected passage.
- How does the Scripture relate to my life? Provides three major ideas that have meaning for our lives today.
The meaning of the selected passages is made clear by considering such aspects as ancient customs, locations of places, and the meanings of words. The simple format makes the study easy to use.
Updates will include:
- New cover designs.
- New interior designs.
- Leader Guide per matching Participant Book (rather than multiple volumes in one book).
- Updated to 2011 revision of the New International Version Translation (NIV).
- Updated references to New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible.
- Biblical chapters on the Table of Contents page beside session titles for at-a-glance overview of biblical structure in most studies.
The simple format makes the study easy to use. Each volume is 13 sessions and has a separate leader guide.