The Life Bible Study Book answers the question "What does a disciple do in relationship with God?" Through this vital disciple-making experience, each group member discusses and practices the following disciplines: reading the Bible, prayer, community, serving, and evangelism. Disciples explore both individual disciplines and the disciplines of community. Like all the releases in the Disciples Path series, The Life uses teaching, questions, conversation, exercises, and individual study to facilitate transformational discipleship through this dynamic yet personal Bible study experience.
The sessions include:
1. Immersed in the Word
2. Connected Through Prayer
3. Living in Community
4. Being Filled with the Spirit
5. Serving One Another
6. Sharing Your Faith
The study includes an introduction to the weekly session topic, guided prayer options, and Scripture focus with text and narrative explanation that drives the weekly meeting. Also included each week are discussion questions and group exercises that reinforce the primary teaching points of each topic. Individual study and out-of-group activities have all been crafted to help users take their next step as disciples of Christ. These optional activities include but are not limited to reading plans, prayer exercises, personal study, and journaling.
- Bible study format, content, and activities created and written by practicing disciple-makers
- Individual exercises to provide opportunities to practice discipleship
- A personal Bible study plan
- Examine the connection between the disciplines and the life of a disciple.
- Understand the importance and apply disciplines of prayer and reading the Bible.
- Facilitate transformation through modeling and practice.
- Use as a "handbook" for one-on-one or two-on-one discipleship situations.
- Lead effectively--requires minimal leader preparation and allows the facilitator to model what it means to be a disciple.
- Initiate an intentional discipleship path with individuals or groups.