This is the Game Station.
The Introduction and General Planning sections for this unit are available as a free download at the following link: leader material
If you are downloading more than one station you only need to download the Introduction and Planning section once
For more information about PowerXpress, go to www.powerxpress.com.
|Jesus was born in Bethlehem, where Mary laid him in a manger. His humble birth reminds us that the Messiah began life as a helpless baby, just as we do.
Bible Verse: She [Mary] gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in bands of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. (Luke 2:7)
Children will prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus as they:
- learn that Jesus is called Emmanuel and explore the meaning of "God with us";
- hear that Jesus is the Messiah and talk about what that means;
- discover the significance of the Messiah's coming, not as a king or warrior, but as a baby born in a humble place;
- see how Jesus' birth connects the Messiah to all people of all ages;
- recognize that Jesus has a special connection with the poor;
- be able to locate the story of Jesus' birth in the Book of Luke