Core Team Workbook is the key learning tool in the Sleeping Giant resource. Vital for each member of the core team to use this for personal growth, team building, incorporating the model, beginning his own spiritual path, and taking notes during team meetings. Kenny Luck uses the term "sleeping giant" to describe the men in the body of Christ and the incredible untapped potential within. Pastors intuitively sense it but are sometimes unsure how to meaningfully engage and integrate the men of their churches. Sleeping Giant introduces a process to moving men along an intentional spiritual pathway from "affiliated" to "activated." The Sleeping Giant model begins with a core team chosen by the pastor. Working together, this core team will create a vision for men based on the pastor's vision for the church while initiating their own spiritual path. Through the six sessions, this core team will go through the process of Get In, Get Healthy, Get Strong, and Get Going. Upon completion, they will be ready to lead other men through that same process, creating a multiplying effect that spills over into the rest of the church and the community.
The four stages of effective men's ministry:
- Get In - to get men on a spiritual pathway with other men who share similar convictions
- Get Healthy - to move men from surface conversations to deeper "below the water line" honesty
- Get Strong - to build men into more biblically knowledgeable and more focused husbands, fathers, and leaders
- Get Going - to send qualified disciples into ongoing ministries with the church
- Contains Bible passages and thoughtful questions to enhance personal study
- Represents a key piece of the core team experience
- Provides video guides and space for notes to help the user stay engaged
- Provides practical experience from trade book content for incorporating the Sleeping Giant model into your existing church framework
- Contains personal growth exercises
- Includes case studies for better understanding of the key pieces of a viable men's ministry
- Designed to initiate intentional spiritual path for each core team member
- Includes group experiences for implementing pastor-led vision for men's ministry
- Leads core team into biblical principles and foundations for building a healthy men's ministry
Kenny Luck is an ECPA platinum award-winning author of the God's Man and Every Man series of books and Bible studies. He is also the pastor of men at Saddleback Church and founder of Every Man Ministries, providing conferences, training, and resources to fuel the church-to-church men's movement worldwide.