Many excellent books teach God's principles of finance. Perhaps one or more of them has helped you lay a strong biblical foundation for carrying out your money management responsibilities. But as you try to apply those principles to making real-life investing decisions, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by the jargon and the sheer number of investment possibilities.
Investment adviser Austin Pryor has carefully created the "e;next step"e; guide that helps you put Godly principles of finance into motion. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced investor, you'll benefit from stepping across this bridge between "e;theory"e; and "e;action"e;. Each user-friendly lesson is written in everday English and filled with helpful visual aids. In this revised and updated edition of The Sound Mind Investing Handbook, you'll learn
- What investing is and why it's actually quite simple
- Six characteristics of investing that glorifies God
- What important steps to take to prepare yourself financially before invest
- What mutual funds are and why they make investing easier than ever before
- How to use your personal investing "e;temperament"e; and present "e;season of life"e; to make decisions and limit your risk
- How to implement an investment strategy that's guaranteed to help you keep pace with the markets
- Tax-wise ways to invest for college, including the state-sponsored 529 savings plans
- The pros and cons of investing internationally
- The rules governing IRAs and 401(k)s and which should have the priority
- How to make the calculations needed to make sure your retirement countdown is on schedule
College professors have even used this book in their finance classes because of its easy to understand format. So, whether you invest a little or a lot, these biblical principles apply to you. In short, he's made learning about investing as painless as it's going to get.