The Bible is the most influential book in human history. But what are we supposed to do with it in the 21st century? And even more importantly, can it still be trusted as the Word of God?
Confusion and doubt about the Bible are becoming as common inside the church as they are outside. Questions come from all sides:
- Is the Bible anti-intellectual?
- Has the biblical text been corrupted over the centuries?
- Who really chose the books of the Bible and why?
- Which interpretation of the Bible is correct?
- Are the gospels full of contradictions?
There are an unprecedented number of sophisticated attacks on the origin, credibility, and reliability of the Bible today. Secularism has tried to undercut even the possibility of spiritual or moral knowledge. Skepticism toward institutional religion is at an all-time high.
Yet, the Bible claims that truth is knowable and God is actively involved in our world.
What are we to do?
Pray for wisdom. Think clearly. Pick up your Bible. Read through the 11 major challenges presented in these pages. And be ready.