A Workbook for New Testament Greek
Grammar and Exegesis in First John
Chris Alex Vlachos
Marvin R. Wilson
Baker Book House
More About This Product
Additional Bible Information
Additional Curriculum/Series Information
A Workbook for New Testament Greek: Grammar and Exegesis in First John
provides valuable help for students who want to begin studying the New Testament in the original Greek. Many Greek instructors agree that First John is the best place to start reading in the New Testament because it is brief and does not use many complicated sentences or rare words. This workbook divides 1 John into twenty-five assignments averaging four verses. Each assignment has three sections:
- Vocabulary--defines and parses forms that may as yet be unfamiliar
- Questions--leads the student through important grammatical observations
- For Further Study--encourages deeper reflection on questions of grammar, textual criticism, exegesis, and application
All three sections give valuable references to grammars, commentaries, lexicons, and other study helps that students should become familiar with. Also provided are two built-in reference tools:
- Greek-English Dictionary of First John--briefly defines every word used in 1 John
- Analytical Lexicon of First John--parses every form that appears in the letter
Designed for use in the second half of a first-year Greek course by students who have passed the midpoint in a standard introduction to New Testament Greek, this workbook can also be used for individual study and review.
Language of Text:
Order Gift Cards
Check Gift Card Balances
Catalogs & Brochures
Pay Your Cokesbury Bill
Find a Consultant
Manual Order Form
STAY IN THE KNOW
Sign-Up for Cokesbury News, Sales and Deals
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
© 2018 Cokesbury |
Thank you. You will now receive Cokesbury News, Sales and Deals.
There was an error processing your request. Please try again.
The email address you supplied is invalid. Please check the email address and try again.