Many parents of a teenager or young adult feel as though they're guessing about what to do next--with mixed results. We want to stay connected with our maturing child, but we're not sure how. And deep down, we fear our child doesn't want or need us.
Based on brand-new research and interviews with remarkable families, Growing With
equips parents to take steps toward
their teenagers and young adults in a mutual journey of intentional growth that trusts God to transform them all. By highlighting three groundbreaking family strategies, authors Kara Powell and Steven Argue show parents that it's never too early or too late to
- accept the child you have, not the child you wish you had
- work toward solutions rather than only identifying problems
- develop empathy that nudges rather than judges
- fight for
your child, not against them
- connect your children with a faith and church big enough to handle their doubts and struggles
- dive into tough discussions about dating, career, and finances
- and unleash your child's passions and talents to change our world
For any parent who longs for their kids to keep their roots even as they spread their wings, Growing With
offers practical help and hope for the days--and years--ahead.