A Gallup poll revealed the following six spiritual needs of Americans in the '90s:
1. the need to believe that life is meaningful and has purpose;
2. the need for a sense of community and deeper relationships;
3. the need to be appreciated and respected;
4. the need to be listened to and heard;
5. the need to feel that one is growing in faith;
6. the need for practical help in developing a mature faith.
This book contains a series of six brief dramas with accompanying sermons that addres each of these six needs. By speaking directly to the heartfelt concerns of Americans today they provide a perfect Lent or summer series that will boost worship attendance.