Together for a Season is a practical travelling companion for the journey through the Church year. Aimed at all those planning and leading worship and those working with children and adults in groups, it offers a rich array of creative material designed to bring to life the seasonal liturgy of Advent, Christmas and Epiphany.
Drawing on the material offered in Common Worship: Times and Seasons, it includes:
- an introduction to each of the seasons of Advent, Christmas and Epiphany;
- fully worked-out all-age services for key dates such as Advent Sunday, Christmas, the Feast of the Epiphany and Candlemas;
- creative suggestions for incorporating light, sound, images and other multi-sensory elements into seasonal worship to encourage active participation and involvement from the whole church;
- a wealth of additional practical resources for use with groups of children and adults, at home and in outreach activities.
There are three pathways through the material: Advent wreath, Crib and Jesse Tree. The book includes information on the origins of these symbols and suggestions as to how they might become a unifying thread in the worship of the whole congregation as they journey through the three seasons.
Woven throughout are suggestions for how you can lift the liturgical texts off the page to produce engaging, multi-sensory worship which encourages the participation of the whole people of God.
The material is supported by a free CD-ROM, which includes:
- All the illustrations and templates in downloadable format
- The text of services in adaptable format
- Full colour photographs to inspire your own worship