DISCIPLE is a program of disciplined Bible study aimed at developing strong Christian leaders. The study gives the Old and New Testaments equal time emphasizing the wholeness of the Bible as a revelation of God. DISCIPLE draws upon the work of scholars, the personal Bible reading and study of the participant, and dynamic group discussion to aid understanding of the Bible.
The first study in the program is DISCIPLE: Becoming Disciples through Bible Study. It serves as the basis for all other studies in the DISCIPLE family that follow. Over the course of 34 weeks, the study covers the entire Bible (Old and New Testaments) following the biblical story from Creation to the New Jerusalem.
The Planning Kit contains everything a leader needs.
- Study Manual - Guides group members in their study and preparation for the weekly group session. The study manual also includes suggestions for individual research and study-related activities. Space is provided for taking notes while reading Scripture, for recording thoughts and questions arising out of daily study, and for notes during the weekly group session.
- Teacher Helps - Provides an outline for an orientation session and process suggestions for each of the weekly group sessions. Weekly group sessions follow a set pattern with designated amounts of time for each step. Suggestions for group activity are specific and clearly related to the Scripture being studied. A one-page teaching plan is provided.
- DVD - Thirty–four video segments approximately ten minutes each to be shown at the beginning of the weekly meeting. The video focuses the group and stimulates discussion.
- Training DVD - Provides video helps to enhance your skills as a Disciple leader in your congregation. Hear presentations from national Disciple trainers to learn what Disciple is, how to use the various Disciple components, your role as the Disciple leader, identifying spiritual gifts together, how to implement the Disciple program in your church, and ways to recognize the commitment of Disciple participants and graduates. The implementation resource is available online.
- Black and White Canvas Logo Bag with Handles and Zipper