Grasp the full meaning behind the original Greek and Hebrew texts with the first-of-its-kind Amplified(R) Study Bible, featuring verse by verse study notes and the text of the newly revised Amplified translation.
The Amplified(R) translation was created to deliver enhanced understanding of the rich nuances and shades of meaning of the original Bible languages. For this kind of study, no working knowledge of Greek or Hebrew is required--just a desire to know more about what God says in his Word. Now the updated Amplified translation is even easier to read and better than ever to study and understand. It includes more amplification in the Old Testament and refined amplification in the New Testament. Additionally, the Bible text has been improved to read smoothly with or without amplifications, so that the text may be read either way. It's the same study material that Amplified readers love, now with even clearer wording for deeper understanding.
- A unique system of punctuation, italics, references, and synonyms to unlock subtle shades of meaning as found in the original languages
- More than 5000 concise study notes provide helpful, practical, application-oriented comments on passages of Scripture and open the Word for readers to apply it to life
- 330 practical theological notes draw attention to important doctrinal content in the Bible and explain how to apply it every day
- Book introductions give background information about each of the Bible's 66 Books
- Translators' footnotes offer clarification and information about original-language texts
- A topical index provides an alphabetical listing of key words and study topics and their related passages
- Full-color maps are included to enhance your study