In this twelve-session video-based Bible study, Margaret Feinberg looks at stories in the books of Genesis and John that illustrate God's beauty in our lives and show us nothing is beyond His love.
In the first half of the study, participants will examine six stories in Genesis that show how we are meant to experience God's love and become expressions of that love in our world. They will explore how these stories reveal God is all powerful, all knowing, and abounding in imagination, creativity, mystery, and wisdom. Even when we question God's love or act in disobedience, He still pursues us.
In the second half of the study, participants will examine six stories in the Gospel of John that illustrate how God's beauty is present in our lives. They will see how God created us to be drawn toward beauty--created us to pursue beauty so that we might know more about His character, attributes, and work in our world. Perhaps no book of the Bible paints a clearer picture of this than the Gospel of John.
- Encountering God (Genesis 1-3)
- Call on the Name of the Lord (Genesis 4-11)
- The Pursuit, the Promise, and the Provision (Genesis 12-23)
- When Love Goes Right and When Love Goes Wrong (Genesis 24-27)
- It's Not about You (Genesis 28-36)
- Finding God among Prisons and Palaces (Genesis 37-50)
- Encountering Jesus (John 1-3)
- When God Sees Through You (John 4-8)
- Recognizing the Blind Spots (John 9-11)
- When Worship Costs More than Expected (John 12-17)
- Mistakes that Refine Instead of Define (John 18-19)
- The Hope and Healing of Resurrection (John 20-21)
This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.