One Abingdon’s most beloved studies of the Bible has been updated!
Study the books of Numbers and Deuteronomy, beginning with Moses and Adam numbering the people and ending with Moses' death and the Israelites continuing. Some of the major ideas explored are: identity; the blessing of God; the problems of freedom; realism, faith, and the future; following through; living with consequences; misusing the name of the Lord; observing the Sabbath; love and law; the seriousness of disloyalty; hiding from need; and
advancing toward justice.
Leader Guide includes:
- A verse-by-verse, in-depth look at the Scriptures.
- Background material, including word studies and history of the biblical setting.
- Answers to questions asked in the Participant Book.
- Application of the Scripture to daily life situations.
- Discussion suggestions.
- A variety of study options.
- Practical tips for leaders to use.
More than 3.5 million copies of the series have been sold.
This revision of the Abingdon classic Genesis to Revelation Series is a comprehensive, verse-by-verse, book-by-book study of the Bible based on the NIV. These studies help readers strengthen their understanding
and appreciation of the Bible by enabling them to engage the Scripture on three levels:
- What does the Bible say? Questions to consider while reading the passage for each session.
- What does the passage mean? Unpacks key verses in the selected passage.
- How does the Scripture relate to my life? Provides three major ideas that have meaning for our lives today.
The meaning of the selected passages are made clear by considering such aspects as ancient customs, locations of places, and the meanings of words. The simple format makes the study easy to use.
Updates will include:
- New cover designs.
- New interior designs.
- Leader Guide per matching Participant Book (rather than multiple volumes in one book).
- Updated to 2011 revision of the New International Version Translation (NIV).
- Updated references to New Interpreters Dictionary of the Bible.
- Include biblical chapters on the contents page beside session lesson titles for at-a-glance overview of biblical structure.
- Include larger divisions within the contents page to reflect macro-structure of each biblical book. Ex: Genesis 1-11; Genesis 12-50; Exodus 1-15; Exodus 16-40; Isaiah 1-39; Isaiah 40-66.
The simple format makes the study easy to use. Each volume is 13 sessions.