A trustworthy guide to understanding the Book of Revelation
The Book of Revelation contains passages of great beauty and comfort, as well as passages that strike the casual reader as bizarre, bewildering, and sometimes frightening. How are readers today to discern God’s message in this peculiar part of the Bible?
Breaking the Code Revised Edition provides a trustworthy guide to the rich symbolism of this important biblical book. Noted biblical scholar Bruce M. Metzger presents the fruits of solid scholarship in a non-academic style. This revised edition includes updates based on current biblical research, as well as additional teaching from author and respected New Testament scholar David deSilva.
Additional components for a six-week study include a DVD featuring David deSilva and a comprehensive Leader Guide introducing the main points and setting the stage for small group discussion.
- Introducing the Book of Revelation
- John's Vision of the Heavenly Christ (Revelation 1:1-20)
- Letters to Churches (Revelation 2:1-29)
- More Letters to Churches (Revelation 3:1-22)
- John's Vision of God and the Lamb (Revelation 4:1-5:14)
- Opening the Seven Seals of God's Scroll (Revelation 6:1-8:2)
- Sounding the Seven Trumpets (Revelation 8:3-11:19)
- The Satanic Trinity: The Dragon and the Two Beasts (Revelation 12:1-14:20)
- The Seven Bowls of God's Wrath (Revelation 15:1-18:24)
- The Final Victory and the Last Judgment (Revelation 19:1-20:15)
- John's Vision of the Heavenly Jerusalem (Revelation 21:1-22:21)