Welcome to the fascinating story of how we got the world's greatest book--the Bible.
It is a captivating story that includes a little bit of everything: adventure and violence, mystery and bravery, and dumb luck or divine intervention--depending on your point of view.
How in the world did we get this book that some people swear by and other people swear at? You don't have to be a skeptic to have a grocery list of questions about the formation of the Bible, such as:
- Who wrote these documents and when?
- How were these ancient writings transmitted through the ages?
- As scribes made copies of copies, didn't they make mistakes that caused the ancient writings to be changed and corrupted?
- How was it decided which writings would be included in the Bible?
- What are the Dead Sea Scrolls, and why are archaeological finds like these such a big deal?
Devoted people dedicated their lives throughout time to put this unique book into the hands of people worldwide. Retrace the passion and intrigue behind the Bible's creation.