Invite God to work powerfully in your life.
The stories about Jesus raising the dead and calming the storm are incredibly astounding. It’s natural to focus on the divine power, but these stories have something else in common: the human desperation that prompted the miracles. In this six-week Bible study, Jessica LaGrone leads us on a captivating exploration of the miracles of Jesus, helping us to see that our weakness is an invitation for God to work powerfully in our lives and reminding us that we need God on our best days just as much as we do on our worst. The six-week study includes a Participant Workbook, Leader Guide, DVD, and Leader Kit.
The DVD contains six video segments featuring Jessica’s dynamic teaching (approximately 20–25 minutes each) for use during the group sessions, and offers closed captioning.
Themes and miracle stories include:
- the gift of desperation (turning water into wine and other signs of God’s response of fullness in our times of emptiness)
- the miracle of abundance (feeding the 5,000 and other abundance stories)
- miracles on the water (calming the storm, walking on water, the abundant catch)
- Jesus our healer (5 stories of healing)
- death and resurrection (Lazarus, Jairus’ daughter)
- the miracle we all receive (the Incarnation)