Great Expectations: Planting Seeds for Sunday School Growth Booklet is a booklet that challenges Sunday School leaders and teachers to have great expectations for what God can do through Sunday School. It explores these questions: Do you expect newcomers in Sunday School every week? Do you expect participants to have a dynamic Bible study experience each week? Do you expect members to say yes to opportunities to serve God? Do you expect your class to grow and plant new classes? Designed as a resource tool for pastors, Sunday School Leaders and Teachers, and Ministers of Education.
- Concise three chapters, 48 pages
- Inexpensive enough to give copies to all Sunday School teachers and leaders
- Filled with practical directions for becoming a Great Expectations Sunday School
- Challenges you to expand your own expectations for Sunday School and to inspire a Great Expectations Sunday School in your church.
- Helps you become intentional about growing your Sunday School in numbers and influence.
- Leads you to embrace Sunday School as the most viable tool for assimilating people and involving them in Bible study.
Author Info: David Francis is the director of Sunday School in LifeWay's church resources division. He assumed his current position in 2004 but has been with LifeWay since 1997. During his tenure with the organization, he has filled several roles, including director of regional operations for church resources and associate director of the church leadership group. Prior to coming to LifeWay, Francis served as the associate pastor and minister of education at First Baptist Church in Garland, Texas, a position he held for 13 years. Francis and his wife, Vicki, teach pre-K Sunday School at Long Hollow Baptist Church, Nashville, Tennessee. They have three sons and four grandchildren.