Beginning with the Church Fathers and moving right through to the present day, The Holy Spirit
offers a theologically informed, international collection of the most important texts relating to Christians' understanding of the Holy Spirit.
- A new volume of texts and readings offering a chronologically-organized selection of the most important and interesting writings on the Holy Spirit
- Considers how the Holy Spirit has always been an integral part of both Christian belief and systematic theology - from the Church Fathers through to the present day
- Each set of readings is prefaced by an introduction from the editor, drawing out the main themes and important historical points, and linking the readings to what has gone before
- Tackles the disagreements over the role of the Holy Spirit within the Trinity, and how it was a contributing factor in the split between the Western and Eastern Church
- Opens with a newly-commissioned essay describing the importance of the Holy Spirit in the theology of the last one hundred years, and in particular in relation to the revival of Trinitarian theology