In the face of the growing threat from collisions of faith world-wide, this manifesto is a call to embrace religious pluralism.
- Martin E. Marty is a renowned commentator on religious matters, the author of over 50 books, winner of the National Book Award, and the recipient of 74 honorary doctorates
- Demonstrates that citizens, religions and identities can survive in radically pluralist settings
- Accessibly written, it tackles people's fears of religious pluralism
- Argues that those involved in collisions of faith need to risk hospitality towards one another, as opposed to the conventional plea for tolerance
- Pays particular attention to the conflicts that affect or occur within those nations whose politics can be called republican, open, democratic, liberal, or free - particularly the UK, the US, and Western Europe.