Sorry - this product is no longer available
Like Fire in the Bones
Listening for the Prophetic Word in Jeremiah
These landmark essays on the prophet Jeremiah allow us to hear the prophet's voice as an urgent message in our own day.
The contents include:
- Listening for the Prophetic Word
- Jeremiah: Portrait of the Prophet
- The Book of Jeremiah: Meditation upon the Abyss
- Recent Scholarship: Intense Criticism, Thin Interpretation
- Jeremiah's Use of Rhetorical Questions
- An Ending That Does Not End Theology in Jeremiah: Creatio in extremis
- Next Steps in Jeremiah Studies
- Hearing the Word in Exile
- The Prophetic Word of God and History
- A Second Reading of Jeremiah after the Dismantling
- A Shattered Transcendence: Exile and Restoration
- A "Characteristic" Reflection on What Comes Next
- Haunting Book--Haunted People
- Carrying Forward the Prophetic Task
- Prophetic Ministry
- A World Available for Peace
- God's Relentless "If"
- When Jerusalem Gloats over Shiloh
- Why Prophets Won't Leave Well Enough Alone.
Eligible For Free Shipping
Language of Text:
This item is available for return.
Cokesbury uses a variety of methods for ground shipping. At your request, we can also expedite order shipments for an additional charge. Cokesbury partners with UPS for these expedited deliveries.