In these nineteen Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany gospel sermons, pastors can find ways to help expose to their congregations the truth that can transform the world: living a life that serves as light and hope.
Reverend Andrews says "it is a privilege and joy to reveal a God with skin on -- a fleshy word that gets up off the pages of the Bible and walks into our lives." God With Skin On
for Cycle C by Susan Andrews will help any pastor looking for:
- fresh homiletical approaches to the lectionary texts
- preaching illustrations
- a clearer understanding of scripture passages
- adult study and discussion groups
- personal devotions and Bible study on each Sunday's readings.
Some of the sermon titles in this book are:
- The Future Present (Luke 1:39-45 46-55])
- How Intelligent Is God's Design? (Matthew 2:1-12)
- Holy Happiness (Luke 6:17-26) Susan R. Andrews
, who recently retired as the General Presbyter at the Hudson River Presbytery, is the daughter and granddaughter of Presbyterian pastors. A graduate of Wellesley College, Andrews received her M.Div. from Harvard Divinity School and her D.Min.from McCormick Theological Seminary. Before her present position, Andrews had served as a parish pastor for many years in three different congregations located in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. Susan enjoys reading, hiking, traveling, and her grandchildren.