"Abide in me." John 15:4
Do you yearn for life-giving, intimate communion with God? The Abide Bible is designed to help you experience the peace, hope, and growth that come from encountering the voice and presence of God in Scripture. Every feature in Abide is designed to teach and develop Scripture-engagement habits that help you know the power and spiritual nourishment of abiding in Christ.
Created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible's features include book introductions and practical Scripture-engagement prompts based on five ways of interacting deeply with the Bible:
- Praying Scripture Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayers and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.
- Picture It Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
- Journaling Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life, opening yourself to God's voice as you ponder.
- Engage Through Art Consider a classic piece of art--photograph, sculpture, painting--and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
- Contemplate Follow the church's longstanding practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture in order to experience God's presence through the words of the Bible.
- Line-matched, single-column Scripture text
- Thomas Nelson's exclusive NET Comfort Print(R) 9-point type size
- Smyth-sewn binding lays flat in your hand or on your desk
- Two satin ribbon markers
- 68 beautifully printed works of art that inspire deeper biblical reflections