Walk in faith on campus and beyond...Your College Faith: Own It serves as a field guide to faith for the student transitioning to, or seeking to make a fresh start in, the realm of college or university life. The authors help alleviate common fears about making it in college and encourage the student to experience faith in a Christian community that serves the unique pastoral needs of young adults. The college student has an extraordinary number of opportunities before him or her; one of them is to continue to be enriched by the Catholic faith. This book encourages and enables the student to make the most of that opportunity. Topics covered include...
- Taking ownership of your faith life, from finding and participating in the Mass to leading a moral life on campus
- Finding and connecting with a Catholic campus community
- Balancing your life and avoiding burnout to increase your chances for a successful college career
- Giving back to the community through fulfilling service work
- Discerning your vocation: What does this mean and how do you begin
- Taking advantage of social media and avoiding its pitfalls
- Making use of Vatican and USCCB documents, the writings of the saints, and more resources, to guide your faith journey